TRADITIONAL, INNOVATIVE AND ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS.
FOR OVER 155 YEARS.
Drop forging and tool making
Schürfeld Umformtechnik GmbH was founded in 1862 and has developed over the years from a tool manufacturer to an efficient supplier of drop-forged parts.
For over 155 years we have been developing innovative solutions together with our customers by using the forming process of drop forging and subsequent processes such as cold forming, mechanical processing, heat treatment and surface finishing. We optimise your products from design to production. Technical know-how and modern production indicate the safe route from the design of the tools to the finished forging.
Our group of companies includes Baberg Umformtechnik GmbH in Lüdenscheid and S W Umformtechnik GmbH & Co KG in Herscheid. Thanks to this group of companies, we are able to produce forgings weighing up to 30 kg each.
“Not only for our customers –
but with our customers.”
but with our customers.”
OUR CORPORATE POLICY
Our customers are our partners, they decide the success rate of our companies.
We want to recognise the wishes and future tasks of our customers at an early stage and solve them reliably.
Our corporate culture is characterised by an open flow of information and goal-oriented cooperation.
We see it as our task and challenge to question the existing and to develop forward-looking solutions for our tasks through continuous improvement. Problems and identified mistakes are opportunities for us to innovate and improve.
Our ideas and our knowledge create continuous improvements. We want to create clear competitive advantages for our customers, as well as ourselves:
• Technical execution
• Economic efficiency
• Quality and reliability
• Adherence to deadlines
- Constant expansion of the management system – thus guaranteeing a continuous improvement process.
- Continuous improvement of overarching cooperation and
- Careful selection, training and motivation of employees to ensure that the
corporate goals can be understood and implemented.
- Continuous improvement of employee satisfaction.
- Careful selection of suppliers.
- Constant determination of the customer’s wishes regarding product, quality, specification and deadline to reduce the rate of complaints or to avoid complaints.
- Continuous improvement of customer satisfaction through improved scheduling and meeting deadlines.
- Continuous improvement of the production processes and process reliability in all areas.
- Constant recording of losses due to non-compliance with quality requirements and a comparison to the expenses for compliance with the specified quality requirements.
- We supply our customers with environmentally compatible products.
- Together with our customers we are looking for innovative solutions to improve environmental protection.
- We design all stages of production to be as environmentally friendly as possible while conserving natural resources (e.g. energy, water).
- Product-related, unavoidable environmental impacts are kept to a minimum.
- We regard national and international standards, laws, regulations and requirements for the production of our products as minimum requirements. The energy policy of the Federal Republic of Germany is our guide!
- We monitor and evaluate the effects of our production and derive measures to minimise environmental pollution and energy consumption.
- We provide open information on all environmental and energy-related topics and promote the knowledge and awareness of our employees through targeted training.
- We work intensively with our customers, authorities, technical and scientific institutions to implement the requirements.
Our savings policy analyses the energy situation of our plants and develops improvement measures to increase energy efficiency and reduce energy costs. Based on current energy consumption, the savings targets in energy programmes are guaranteed.
This includes the following activities:
• Use of energy-saving machines and systems, or reduction of energy consumption through continuous modernisation
• Optimization of heating control
• Installation of energy-efficient lighting, optimisation of lighting
• Optimization of ventilation and cooling
• Heat recovery, use of process heat
• Optimization of room temperature, thermal insulation
• Price optimization
The energy-saving measures implemented are refinanced through the savings achieved. The energy savings achieved benefit nature and mankind!